STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS AND CONVERSATION MEDIA PROFESSIONAL
Corporate Communications Executive – Entertainment Publicist – Industry Blogger
An award-winning forward-thinking corporate communications and public relations executive experienced in leveraging the brand equity of the company and its content through integrated multi-platform press and social initiatives. Skills include creating engagement opportunities, generating awareness and increasing influence for political candidates, executives, non-profits, small businesses and corporations. Experienced in crafting strategic messaging and developing effective communication plans and policies involving the latest technologies and applications.
- Named Top Publicist twice by Industry Trade Publication Cable Fax Magazine (2007 & 2003-my first year on the job.)
- Over 20 years experience at such Fortune 500 companies as News Corp., Sony Pictures Entertainment and Walt Disney Studios.
- Member of Fox Broadcasting Company’s start-up team – 15-year tenure. Organized every press conference and live event press compound while at FOX.
- Responsible for creating and implementing over 40+ Television Critics Association presentations.
Founder and CEO-Social Media Strategist / PR Consultant / Speaker / Trainer
Founder and CEO of Social Spread Media, a multi-platform communications agency providing customized media strategies. Provide services to corporations, companies, agencies, small businesses and non-profits to expand reach, awareness and web exposure through social media and publicity platforms. Create customized communications plans, train staff on effective community interaction and publicize content through the mainstream media domestically and internationally. Clients include the TCA (Television Critics Association) and social media/publicity/website expertise for book author/speaker Maurice Hilliard (The Price of A Pearl). Author of two PR related-blogs: cindyronzoni.com (PR focused); Socialspreadmedia.com (PR/Social Media/Communications centered).
Lifetime Networks, Los Angeles, CA 2009
Director, Corporate Communications & Online Media Relations
Responsibilities included the dissemination/placement of corporate information in trade publications for Lifetime Networks’ announcements. Supervised special editions and managed corporate communications activities for the distribution and digital departments. Duties included ratings releases and placement for all programming, strategy and assistance on executive talking points.
- Spearheaded the department’s efforts strategizing online media campaigns for consumer content. Developed communities, serviced Facebook and twitter accounts and gave counsel on maximizing blogosphere results as well as provided SEO, SEM and keyword direction.
- Was responsible for the company’s Television Critics Association (TCA) July 2009 presentation, from concept to completion. Generated awareness toward the launch of the highly successful unscripted series “Project Runway” from Bravo to Lifetime.
Ronzoni Media Consulting, Los Angeles, CA 2008-2009
Publicity Strategist / Consultant
Served as a consultant to content companies that included Lifetime Networks, Strike.TV, Television Critics Association (TCA), Cable & Telecommunications Association (CTAM) and Whittier Area Community Church.
Game Show Network (GSN), Santa Monica, CA 2002-2008
Vice President, Corporate Communications and Publicity
Headed the Publicity and Corporate Communications Department at GSN, which included its 66 million-subscriber base cable TV network as well as its complementary multi-million dollar casual games business, GSN.com. Acted as spokesperson for the company on a multitude of issues including cable disputes, ratings, programming acquisitions and personnel matters, among others.
- Garnered global press hits on GSN’s Internet news games, including the Paris Hilton parody game, which broke records averaging 30,000 plays an hour. Press coverage included TMZ, US Weekly, CNET, New York Times, People, About.com, FOX News, “Entertainment Tonight,” and among others.
- Secured 22 individual and unique segments on “Entertainment Tonight” in Feb. 06 (a new ET record) for Tonya Harding documentary. “Good Morning America” also featured Harding in an in-person interview March ‘06.
- Established a strategic communications vision, developed staff and created initiatives that exceeded business goals in industries such as entertainment, interactive television, casual gaming, financial, education, consumer products and new media.
Fox Cable Networks Group, Los Angeles, CA 2000-2001
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Developed and created the day-to-day operating infrastructure for newly created Corporate Communications department of Fox Cable Networks Group (FCNG). Entity also directed corporate PR for News Corp.’s production arm, Fox Television Studios (FTVS).
Fox Broadcasting Company, Los Angeles, CA 1997-2000
Vice President, Affiliate Publicity and Corporate Communications
- Created the Affiliate Publicity department that reinforced and enhanced the marketing initiatives between FOX and its 115 news-producing affiliates. Extended the broadcast network’s brand to all of its affiliated stations through daily communication, customized news feeds and quarterly press junkets for FOX Sports, FOX News and FOX events.
- Formulated corporate communication strategies for both consumer and trade media. Proven track record of securing top-level placements in national and local outlets. Also, managed corporate press efforts for FOX’s owned-and-operated station group – including PR for its president and each station’s management team.
- Conceptualized and oversaw the media compounds for FOX programs including the Prime Time Emmy, Billboard Music and NAACP Awards as well as Robbie Knievel motorcycle jumps, Upfront presentations and FOX-related Super Bowl endeavors.
Bachelor of Arts, Communications, University of La Verne, La Verne, CA – Summa Cum Laude
SOCIAL MEDIA AFFILIATIONS
Active member of the leading local social media club, Social Media Mastermind of Orange County.
SOCIAL MEDIA ADDENDUM
Cindyronzoni.com – an honest take on public relations and marketing practices, primarily relating to the entertainment industY
Social Spread Media – Company website and blog in development
Godgirl.net – Christian musings and observations
Profile: Google: (http://www.google.com/profiles/cronzoni)
Life Streaming: Posterous: (http://cindyronzoni.posterous.com)